Tuesday, March 24, 2020

The Journey


"And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.” (Isaiah 6:8)


A life spent following Jesus as our Lord and Savior is a wonderful journey.  As my wife, Alice, and I look back at our lives, we can see how God has moved and prepared us both individually and as a couple for a life of serving Him in a cross-cultural environment.  I’ve had an interest in people from other cultures for years, but it wasn’t until we began working with a new Hispanic mission in Virginia that we began to feel drawn to mission work, which ultimately leading to our work in Alaska, and then on to India.

When trying to discern God’s will for our lives, two of our greatest resources are spending time with the Lord in prayer and studying His Word.  God places different circumstances and people in our path to guide us, and draw us closer to Himself.  And it’s easier to know Him when we have His Word on our minds and in our hearts.

After a short-term summer mission trip to work with a radio ministry in the Alaskan bush, we learned that although we loved working with our fellow missionaries, God drew us to the ministry of spending time with the native Alaskans.  Connecting with them through our life stories and common interests helped us see that even though the world God has created is diverse, we all have a desire to be loved and to know Him, whether we’re conscious of it or not.

How has God shaped your life to share His grace and love?  For some it may be moving to a distant land where His name isn’t known, and for others it is sharing the love, joy, and hope of knowing Jesus at home in America with family, friends, and neighbors.

What is your role in the Great Commission?  



Go Here to check out our website.    If you would like to partner with us in spreading the gospel, providing Bibles, or disaster relief in India and Haiti, you can make a donation here: 


Donate



If you would like a copy of my new book "The Man with No Legs" just send a check for $25 and your mailing address to:
Russ Sharrock
416 E 18th Ave
Stillwater, OK
74074  

I will send out a signed copy right away.  The cost covers the signed book and shipping + handling.  

You can also pay by credit card.  Just call 405-334-8009.  

"The Man with No Legs" is about how after evading God for decades, despair woke me to my need for Him.  God called me into His service ministering in Alaska and India.  Everything was going great, until one day my world came crashing down, and I lost both of my legs.  This is the story of how God brought me through this crisis and even used it to spread the gospel further throughout India, and for His glory!




No comments:

Post a Comment