Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Have You Fully Surrendered to the Lord?


Does anyone question that self-will is the stronghold of the flesh, and that surrendering your will to God attacks the stronghold and is the act which the Spirit most desires and the flesh most resists?

If you believe this, then surrender and say, “God, here, I am. I give up all my plans, all my desires and hopes, and accept your will for my life. Whatever you want, take; wherever you would have me go; send; whatever you would have me surrender, reveal to me. I bend to your will.”

Consider this challenge for you from Romans 12:1, “Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-- this is your spiritual act of worship.”

Surrender is fundamental to God filling us with His Holy Spirit.  This surrender is a conscious act where we deliberately choose to yield all we are and all we have to Him.

Look deep in your heart and consider these questions: What have I held back from the Lord?  What restrictions have I placed on what He can do in, and with, my life?  The more absolutely you yield your time, talents, possessions, desires, and energy to Christ, the more you will know the fullness of His Spirit.

Will you allow yourself to surrender all to God now!  Why not stop what you’re doing right now and tell God He may do in you, to you, and through you whatever He chooses.

God is waiting for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment